Thursday, May 26, 2016

Last Day

I cannot believe that our school year together has come to a close.  I'm sitting in a quiet classroom with no student work or supplies.  It is kind of eerie.  I have had a fabulous year with your kids.  It has been amazing seeing them grow both academically and socially.  I have greatly appreciated all the wonderful support from home.  They are lucky students to have such supportive parents!

I am saddened by the fact that I will not get to see the kiddos each week and be able to learn and grow with each other.  I know that there are several families that will be returning to RBE next year so I look forward to continuing to talk and see you!  I also know that there are many families that will not be returning to RBE in the fall.  I hope that the transition to a new school is a smooth one.  No matter where your child is going to school in the fall I know that each and everyone of them will be successful!

Now moving on to all the fun we had today!  We started the day off with celebrating with our 5th graders that they are graduating and moving on to middle school!


After the graduation walk, we celebrated Brian's summer birthday with some yummy (any messy) cupcakes!

We had 2 celebrations today!!  The morning celebration was Arts & Crafts that was rescheduled from yesterday but we added laptops!  The kiddos are very creative and made some awesome projects.  Mrs. Ross and I even got some of their artwork!  Our second celebration (which we had this afternoon) was a cupcake decorating party - which of course ended with us eating cupcakes!! That was one tasty celebration!  You can see the pictures of both celebrations here.

Summer is such a fun and exciting time for kids and their families.  The kiddos told me today about all their plans.  Vacations, swimming, parties, visiting relatives, etc.  However, please also add in time each week for your child to still grow and learn academically.  The "summer slide" is a real thing - kids coming back to school not where they were at in the spring.  Please look over the summer homework sheet that we compiled at RBE to help with the "summer slide."

Also, Mrs. Lenz wanted me to pass along the name of a video that she showed the class and the kiddos were interested in seeing it again.  It is called Bed Knobs & Broomsticks.  Mrs. Baker, our classroom counselor this year, also wanted me to share the name of a website that the kids liked to play.  It is called Cool School (www.coolschoolgame.com).  Your child can login under Mottaz.

I truly hope that everyone enjoys their summer to the fullest - I know that there will be some busy families out there!  Good luck to all my fabulous new 3rd graders next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment